01 02 03 Bibliobakes: A blog for readers and bakers: Top 5 summer kids books 04 05 15 16 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 31 32 33

Top 5 summer kids books

34
Hey guys!
Today I'm going to try out a new kind of post- a list post! And today's post's theme is...Summer books! These are my top five kids books that are good summer reads, or that remind me of summer 💙
Number Five: The Penderwicks

As a kid, this was one of my all time favorite summer books. It's about 4 sisters (always a great start to a book) who go to spend the summer in Massachusetts and find themselves staying on a gorgeous, sprawling estate. When I was a kid, my cousins and I would often get to spend time in Maine during the summer, so this setting holds a special place in my heart. And really, there's nothing better than New England summers.

Number Four: Anne of Green Gables

Anne of Green Gables was one of those books that I could never read enough times as a kid. My old copy is so worn and tattered that I'm surprised it hasn't fallen apart yet. I always wanted to go to Green Gables as a kid, and as a freckly bushy haired loudmouth ginger I empathized with Anne a lot. Anne of Green Gables is also one of those books that you can sink into and get lost in, no matter where you are or what time of year it is.

Number Three: The Bridge to Terabithia

Talk about a book that kicks your heart in the butt...
I love this book. I know it's not technically set during the summer, but something about the outdoor adventure and magical places gives it a really summery feel to me. The relationship that these kids have, the hope and peace they find in their friendship, the world they build together... It's all just so incredible. And even though it kicks your heart in the butt, it's completely worth it.

Number Two- Half Magic

This is another one of my favorites. When I first read this book I was probably 6 or 7, and I started wishing on every coin I found. Its the story of four siblings who find a magical coin. Whenever they wish on it, half as much as they wish for happens. This leads to some truly hilarious adventures for them that summer, and and some great stories for the reader.

Number One- Winnie The Pooh

You could never leave Winnie the Pooh off of a list about summer books. It's just impossible. To me, Winnie the Pooh is the quintessential summer children's book. It has a magical woodland populated by a funny, lovable, caring, curious, and diverse cast of characters. It is the perfect escape from reality, and as long as I live I will never stop loving Winnie the Pooh.

35 36 37 38